Police are offering at £10,000 reward as part of a fresh appeal over the ‘deplorable’ shooting of a homeless man at a kids’ barbecue in Daubeney Fields earlier this year.
The 34-year-old victim, who officers say is well-known in Hackney, was shot three times in the early hours of Sunday 14 July while dancing in the park.
The appeal comes after a 31-year-old man, arrested shortly after the incident, was released under investigation.
Detective Constable Shaun Pascal of the Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command said: “This was a deplorable shooting at a children’s barbecue, which left the victim with serious injuries.
“It is believed he will make a full recovery but the long-term effects will haunt him for many years to come.”
Scotland Yard has urged anyone who attended the barbecue or may have witnessed the shooting to come forward with any information that may help them piece together what happened that night.
Any statements can be made anonymously, police said.
Were you near Daubeney Fields around midnight on Sunday 14 July? If you have any information, please contact Trident detectives on 020 8217 7382 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111